Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New Haircut

So this is the first haircut ever in history that he has not minded. I had to do major prep with him. I spent probably 30 minutes with him just explaining what was going to happen, etc. First, I told him I would give him chips if he got his haircut so that's what got the whole thing started. Then we got out the buzzer and he pretended to cut baby's hair, then my hair, then I pretended to cut his hair so he would know what it felt like. Then I left the buzzer on for a few minutes so he would get used to the noise. Finally, dad came down and was ready to cut his hair. Ethan picked out the chair he was going to sit in and helped me cover it with towels so hair wouldn't get everywhere. We let him take his time to get ready for the hair cut. Finally, he came to the chair. We bribed him with constant fruit snacks and an Elmo movie. Haha. So he did it! Yay Ethan! We were soooo proud of him! Previously, we've had to pin him down and cut it.

Ethan and baby sporting their new hairstyles. Notice how happy he is! YAY!!!

2 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you all! Ethan's new do looks great for summer! I have yet to give Maelie a haircut! I was thinking maybe after she turns 3....

mary said...

Looking good!