Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Happy Birthday Ethan (yesterday!). He's 3 years old! Mark and I were talking about how we don't feel nearly old enough to have a 3 yr old! Ahhh!! We couldn't ask for a more perfect, sweet boy than Ethan!


He had a pirate party. Here are his pirate guests: Lily, cute baby Will, Eve, Brayden, Shailee, Hyrum, and the birthday boy.
Opening his first present.

My first attempt at making the pirate cake. It fell apart about 30 minutes after I finished making it.
The second attempt at the cake. My sweet, great friend Katie made the cake and iced it for me since I was beginning to rip my hair out and Mark decorated it. Thank you, thank you!!

Balloon pop game. Mark went behind the kids while on the balloons and popped them with a pen.
Finding clues on the treasure hunt. This game was really fun because besides Ethan and his friend, Shailee, no one else really knew what was going on so they all got distracted very, very easily. Very fun to watch them!
My 2 favorite men.
Singing happy birthday.
Playing in the bath tub with his way cool pirate ship toy.

4 comments:

mary said...

What fun, Leah! I can't believe it's been 3 years since you've had him. He is such a handsome little thing! And you know how to throw a great party! I had to laugh at your first cake. I would have just served it up as "shipwreck cake." That's more authentic, right? Happy birthday, Ethan!

The Stanford Bunch said...

Happy Birthday to Ethan!!! I know what you mean... weird having a 3 year old! So sorry about the cake, but it turned out way cute in the end! Looks like a way fun party! Are finals coming up for Mark? Is he almost done??? (I know I probably ask you that a lot...)

Parkinson Family said...

way cute, looks like he had a great time, Happy Birthday! and you did a great job too!

the Getschers said...

He doesn't really have any finals, only a HUGE MASSIVE GIGANTIC comprehensive test covering everything all the way from undergrad to now. He takes it in about a week and he's really stressed!