Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Motard Got A Job


So I got a call this morning while I was babysitting for some friends in a yoga class from my sweet Marko. He said it was urgent. His first question was, "Leah, can I buy a motorcycle?!" I said, "Umm okay. If you are planning on going to WalMart to buy it." His second question was to ask me if the salary he was being offered at Columbia Gas would justify buying a motorcycle. I was speechless. We finally got offered A JOB. Hallelujah! The company is in Charleston so we'll be staying here for a little longer. He starts ASAP.

Anyways, after much deliberation, I have agreed to let Mark buy his dream BMW motorcycle. I figure he has worked hard enough and gone through enough stress with 6 years of school that he deserves a big present. His love is pictured below. And no, we haven't actually bought it yet. He still in the dreaming process.
P.S. Mark named this post. He says that a "motard" is someone who rides a BMW motorcycle. Ok man, whatever you say. :)

10 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

well congratulations! I didnt know mark liked motorcycles. David has two, a "cruiser" and a "bullet bike", and they are both bmws too thats the only one he'll drive, lol. have fun riding with him leah!

Lewis Family said...

Yeah! Congratulations!!! That is so great! What will Mark be doing and what will his hours be like? I didn't know Mark has wanted a "donor"cycle (that's what one of my friends who was a state trooper used to call it when I'd ride with a certain ex-boyfriend). You planning on taking joy rides with him too (although the bullet bikes are hard on your knees when you're the passenger)? They are definitely fun for the occassional ride! Congrats again!!

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

Congrats on the Job!!! That is so exciting!!!

Sarah and Doug said...

Congrats guys! Thats super exciting! What will his job have him doing? YAY!

Cordell said...

congratulations guys!!

mary said...

Congratulations on getting a job! And what fun that you can stay in WV! Are you going to buy a house, or just a motorcycle? I am afraid I can't offer much congratulations on the motorcycle... Mark, PLEASE do not grow up to be one of those psycho crazy-weaving motorcyclists who scare people like me.

M&M Kanet said...

Yea, that is great news about the job! You sure will save $ on gas with your new toy - they sure are fun too. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Congratulating on the job!!! and the motorcycle? Although it is pretty cool looking, they scare me. How fun to have a job! Congrats again.

The Stanford Bunch said...

NO WAY!!! That is WAY AWESOME!!! a million congrats to you guys!!!

Getscher said...

Congrats Sparky and Smeah! Columbia Gas, cool. Please avoid the ER when riding your new BMW. I should know, my example should be enough. Love y'all very much.
Daddoooo