I decorated his room, living room, and kitchen... it's so fun to see the surprised look on his face when he gets up and sees all the hearts.
Here's cute Marko. He made red heart pancakes for us.
We also got a way fun horse from a friend who was getting rid of it so he got that on Valentine's morning too. He loved it.
Yeehaw! Ride em cowboy! I love this picture.
After breakfast, he went on a treasure hunt and found this at the end.
The day after, after church, we went up to the mountains and camped out in a yurt which is half tent/half cabin. It had a heater and bunk beds which Ethan loved. It was gorgeous up there.
Right next to the yurt there was this fun kids cabin that Ethan would have loved to play in more if it wasn't so windy.
We went on a fun hike with the stroller and pushed the stroller way beyond it's limits. We had it crawling over rocks and trees, etc. At some points, Mark was pulling in front with all his might and I was pushing from behind and it still barely moved. Rough stuff.
We were so proud of Ethan. He walked almost a mile. We gave him "energy pills" aka Reeses Pieces (my parents did this on hikes when I was young except it was tic-tacs and I was convinced that it gave me a boost of energy) and talked about things we saw and explored. Soo fun! For the rest of the hike, he was not happy as he rode in the stroller.
This is the view from the top. This picture doesn't give it justice, it was breathtakingly gorgeous. Funny story... when we got to the top, Mark casually told me that we went the long grueling way to the top and also that we could have driven to the spot in about 2 minutes. It was kinda funny but worth the hike.
This is a better picture of the view but still doesn't give it justice.



9 comments:
I love the picture of Ethan riding the horse! How funny!
wow! sounds like your v day topped them all!
So fun! What a great Valentines Day! I've actually stayed in a Yurt before cool. Loving your blog
how fun! love all your decorations!
Where were you guys at?
You guys are so good. I've going to be more festive like that someday. Looks like Golden Gate Canyon State Park? Way to go have an adventure!
I love all the fun ideas with your kiddos. Keep sharing!!
Mark, where on earth did you get those pajama bottoms? Did you find those in Leah's dressser drawer? I can see how Eliza tamed that bad old bear with sweet face.
Sparky, where on earth did you get those pajama bottoms, from Leah's side of the dresser? OMGoodness that bad old bear is close enough to eat Eliza. Run sweetie run.
Post a Comment