Sunday, April 19, 2009

Albuquerque

This week we took a trip down to Albuquerque to visit our friends the Blairs. The coolest thing about it was that we surprised them... we worked out the trip details with Amanda's mom. So when we got there, we put this big huge box (with Ethan in it) on the front porch and rang the doorbell. Mark, Eliza, and I hide behind the corner. Shailee and Hyrum came out, opened the box and were very surprised after which Amanda came out and had to do a double take.
This was the box he was in. It said to Shailee and Hyrum. Open immediately! Fragile!
We played red light green light again hopping like easter bunnies then rolling like easter eggs (that one got me dizzy- whooee!). They're easter bunnies here.

Oh, so sweet! Almost every night, Ethan wanted to sleep on the ground to be right next to Eliza. They are such good friends and it makes us so happy! At one point during the night, he even was using Eliza's stomach as a pillow.
The last day there we all went to a way fun place called Bounce U. It's a huge place full of inflatable slides and jumpy things. Soo fun! The adults had as much fun, if not more, than the kids did. Here Amanda and I are boxing- those gloves were so heavy!

Eliza was being a little crankster. Even this was too much for her.
This was sooo fun! Mark and I were on opposite corners on this one. We had to wear a hip belt like you see and had a rope connected between the two of us. We had to pull the other way over to the our side of the jumpy thing. This was at the end, as you can see I'm worn out and Mark has won.


I thought this was a funny picture, Amanda and I going down a huge slide with the kids. So fun!

Oh so this was another really fun part of the trip. So the first two nights we were there I went to a kickboxing class with Amanda and her sister. So during the day I held a mini kickboxing class for Ethan and Shailee. It was fun to see their renditions of the things we did. Here is Shailee punching. She wasn't so thrilled about this.
Ethan punching. Notice the apron... that helped him punch harder.
Then had them jump over the basket. I love this picture. It's just sheer luck that I got him while he was at the top of the jump.
Shailee jumping.
This was one of my favorites- can you guess? Sit ups. Their hands helped them A LOT.

Running around the hammock. And yes, that is my knee in the picture. I was being lazy in the hammock. Oh, the joys of watching kids work while you relax!

Pushups.

Oh so tired!
We sure do love, love, love you Blairs and Ritchies! Thanks for the wonderful time!

1 comment:

Parkinson Family said...

looks like you guys had a blast. Parents included :)