Thursday, October 25, 2007

Big News

So this morning Ethan went poop for the first time in the potty! (Only a true parent would really post something this "exciting"). We immediately carried his potty downstairs and showed the stinky trophy to Nana and Dad. They were very proud too. We went to the store this morning and got him some big boy underpants. He got Spiderman and Cars. He's switched underpants like probably 10 times since and has been really excited about it. So we're hoping this is the slow start of potty training! New underpants have inspired him to be an even bigger boy: he wanted to put himself in bed for nap today and wants to buckle himself in the carseat.

New underoos. Sorry for the immodesty but I just thought it was so cute! I couldn't help myself from laughing. It's so weird to see him in underpants for one, and it's really fun to see how excited he is about it. YAY Ethan!

5 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

Way to GO Ethan!!! That is a really exciting and sometimes stressful time! Good luck to you all! I hope it goes quick for Ethan! Maelie took months but she is ALL done!!

mary said...

LEAH, good heavens, of all the things to post on a blog! Maybe I am not a true parent, because I feel a wee bit overinformed... but that is good news for Ethan!!

the Getschers said...

I guess that's what I get being the daughter of a gastroenterologist!!

Parkinson Family said...

ha ha that was funny leah

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Ethan-that's great! That is so nice for you both that he's potty trained!

~Nic