I did the 10K today! It was so much fun! It's 6.2 miles and I did it in an hour so about a 10 minute mile. It's not great, but it's a lot faster than I normally jog every day so I was proud of myself. It's kinda funny because I always get on Mark for being competitive when he goes for his bike rides but I was the same way during the race. I would pick out a certain person that was running ahead of me and concentrate only on passing them. A competitive streak came out which rarely happens. At the end of the race, we got to run into the CU stadium filled with people. It got my adrenaline pumping and, needless to say, my competitive streak came out again (this time competing against myself) and I sprinted big time to the finish. So so fun!

This is Cassandra, my friend, and me. She was jumping with excitement right before the race. After the race, I was too. She definetly has shared her love for races with me now. I can't wait until the half marathon in September!

The race didn't seem like it was 6 miles at all. There was a lot going on... on the route there were belly dancers, slip-n-slides, squirt guns, bubbles, people shouting and cheering us on, etc. It gave me a lot of enthusiasm and energy.


Eating free popsicles after the race. MMM.
3 comments:
Way to go Leah!! That's great that you did it, and that's really good time in my book! =) A few of my friends here want me to do a 5K with them in July, but I'm just not sure about it. I know, I know, you're training for a half marathon and I'm chicken about running a 5K!!! I just haven't run in eons!! (sp?) But I think you've given me a little boost of motivation, so we'll see. I've just got to find time to go running, but since Ben leaves at 7am in the morning and I REALLY don't want to get up super early like you, I don't know. But good job Leah!!!
That is so awesome!! So when is the 1/2 marathon? ;)
good for you leah, thats awesome!!
Post a Comment