Friday, May 29, 2009

School and beach


Took a long bike ride to the "beach" today. It's the closest thing we get to a beach... a little sandy area on the edge of a gorgeous lake. It was a 12 mile bike ride one way and poor Eliza screamed the whole time there and back. She does not like being in the bike trailer at all. Drama queen.

I love her cute huge belly!
Ethan was getting quite brave in the water. We were so proud of him for venturing out so far.
She wasn't so sure about the water and sand. Freaked out big time when the water came up and touched her toes but she was okay with the sand.

Still doing letter school. This is the letter T. We read a book from the library about totem poles then made one of our own. T for tennis ball painting. He loved this. Put a tennis ball in an old pair of pantyhose, tie a knot, and go to town!
So fun!
S is for stilts. Loved this.

5 comments:

Mark said...

I love my babies & my babe. Yes the terrain looks flat in the background; and many of you are thinking I thought the Rocky Mountains were rockier...yah that John Denver is full of *%#@. But just to clarify the mountains were right behind us and John Denver rocks, well soft rocks, or used to soft rock. Its kind of ironic we lived in West Virginia as per John Denvers famous "Country Roads" and now we live in Colorado as per his "Rocky Mountain High". And this is why Leah dose not let me post, but she can't stop me from commenting.

Kerrie said...

I'm just noticing Eliza'a hair turned blonde! How funny! It was so dark before.

The Stanford Bunch said...

LOVE the preschool ideas and how fun that you have a beach!!

Alicia said...

You guys are the coolest. Enough said (but I'm going to say more anyway :] ). Leah, you ROCK for running the 10K. And I keep urging Curt to get another Fathers & Sons campout scheduled (even if it's an unofficial version). Maybe you can sic Mark on that too!

Patty said...

That letter school seems like such a great idea. How fun!!