Saturday, June 06, 2009

Chubby girl


Cute chubby girl. Here are her new tricks:
-She says mama, dada, and baba
-She finally picks food up with the pincer grasp and manages to make it to her mouth
-She FINALLY rolls over, yes, at 10 months. Ethan did it at like 2.
-She knows when she's going to bed... she will start crying as soon as we get upstairs and start heading for her room. Already fighting naps, yes! Lucky me.
-She is constantly laughing and smiling.
-She is a big time mama's girl. If I'm around when Mark is holding her, she will cry and whimper until I finally give in and hold her.
-She's standing up really well on those chubby legs of hers.
-And she's slowly turning blonde... bwahahaha!! Udall genes triumph again! Just jokin.
-And, as you see from the video below, my least favorite trick of hers. She has been spitting when she eats. So I shake my head no, of course, when she does it so her new trick is to spit, then shake her head no just like I do. She also does it for laughs too unfortunately. For example, we'll all be sitting down to dinner and very suddenly she'll let out a huge big spitting session with slobber flying literally all over the place. She does it all with a smile on her face and doesn't really seem satisfied until we smile and laugh. Yes, we cave in and laugh sometimes. Mixed messages, I know.

2 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

i cant believe shes 10 mths!!! so cute!!

mary said...

She is just so beautiful, Leah! What a pretty little girl you have. It will be fun to see what happens with her hair. Wish you lived closer so we could play dress-up together and make bows. Yes, I've made all of mine. Super fun.

And I hear you on the food spitting. Sometimes it really IS funny - how do you avoid mixed messages?! Good times.