Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our week

Ethan graduated from joy school! I am already having my withdrawls from having that break 2 times a week.
We have been so so very desperate for a pool. Ours opens in a week... we have been counting the days for about a month now. So we finally pulled out our under the bed storage and filled it with water. Quick easy pool. The kids loved it.
Look at those splashes!
Went hiking. We were so proud of Ethan! This was a 1.5 mile hike up to this fire tower and he hiked all of it himself! Going back to the car was a different story... Ethan was in the backpack which he is way too big for and I was carrying sleeping Eliza in my arms. Needless to say, after that trip, Mark's back was aching as were my arms. The view was worth it though. We could see hundreds of miles on all four sides of the fire tower.

2 comments:

Roz Udall said...

Now you've won half the battle. If you have to pick uphill or downhill to carry the kids, the downhill should definitely be the right choice. The view must have been magnificent. Wish I could have been with you!
Love, Mom

Sam B. said...

Wow - what a bunch of fun things on your blog! Ethan and Eliza look great! I love the sleepover night idea :) Sounds like it would be crazy fun for the kids but maybe not so much for mom and dad.