Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cause for celebration

Our vacuum, sadly, just finally gave up. We were obviously not thrilled about the unexpected purchase but still... we all got pretty excited about it. Why? 1- We actually have a vacuum that works and doesn't sound sick, 2- we got a great box!! Ethan jumps for joy when we get new boxes. He immediately claimed the box and the next morning we started making a car. I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of that car. Usually Mark is the ultimate box creator of our family but this time it was all me and I have to say, I think I did a pretty good job. We later added turning knobs, little doors with secret buttons behind, and most importantly, an ignition that turns. Yeah, I know, pretty impressive. Cute Eliza is scared to death of it.

And another very exciting thing... we inherited a trail-a-bike from someone in the ward who no longer used it. After a ridiculously expensive trip to the bike store to get a ridiculously small attachment part, we were off. He was really scared at first and almost gave up because he went so much faster and wobbled a lot more but now he's sold. He loves it. We've been on a few bike rides since we've gotten it and he is just all over it. Eliza really enjoyed the extra room in the bike trailer too.
This is the bike trail right by our house. We are NEVER leaving Colorado. :)
Hudson Gardens right by the bike trail. Took a little rest and kissed some bears. She loves those bears.

1 comment:

mistielin said...

uummmm... we might have to come see you one of these days :)